Friday, June 23, 2006

Love Story-Made For Each Other- 4

As there is a modern saying that, “When we threw a stone in the streets of Bangalore either it may hit a dog or a software engineer”, Surya is working in the Bangalore for the past 4 months.
His room mates managed to arrange for a trip to see Surya and to hang around the places in and around Bangalore before two months back.
The relationship with Veena is going as usual with all the morning and night messages. The office internal messenger creates a virtual illusion of working in the same campus.
Surya wanted to come to Chennai to stay in his previous home and of course to see Veena also, but he didn’t find time to drop in Chennai.
At times Surya may think that Veena will have the same feeling as his or she is just talking to me as a good friend? Since the relationships like this in the corporate offices are general, he can’t take this as a love. But he is not even ready to propose either as he is afraid of the result or the outcome.
He is waiting for one day to tell the truth and to show her how much he cares and loves for her. But he is not sure about that day will come in his life.

Things are not going to be the same all the time. After some weeks, a morning message beeped Surya’s mobile with strange note. “Good Morning Surya. I have an important message to share it with you. Buzz me in the office messenger once you are in. Don’t forget and don’t delay”
Surya had the got the morning messages with the word importance quite often already. Those are related to the project delivery stuffs, her appreciations, appraisals, etc. But unlike this message, it is not having any urgency. He wondered that she may get an appreciation award or the other possibility is that she may be coming down here. He quickly dressed up and entered the office. Today is Thursday.
He opened his messenger in his system and buzzed Veena to indicate his arrival. There is no reply from her end. So he decided to prepare for his Thursday teleconference @ 10:00.
When he come back and unlocked the screen, he saw a message list from Veena.

Naveena A C Says: Hi dumbo. The bus came late today.
Naveena A C Says: I’m sorry for that..
Naveena A C Says: Hey R U there?
Naveena A C Says: Buzz me again when you are back to the seat.
Naveena A C Says: The message is really important.

He looked over his watch as he got only 10 minutes for his teleconference.

Surya Sebastian Says: Hey Veena. Wats up?
Surya Sebastian Says: I’ve got only 10 min to go to telecon.
Naveena A C Says: At last U R back..?
Naveena A C Says: Where did you gone now?
Surya Sebastian Says: Make it fast loosu. What is that important message?
Naveena A C Says: Yeah I’m coming to that. Any guess?
Surya Sebastian Says: Guesses!! May be you got appreciation award
Naveena A C Says: No da. I can give you a clue to make guess. It’s no way related to my project.
Naveena A C Says: To be precise, it’s my personal matter.
Surya Sebastian Says: Personal matter. Oh Great you are coming down here? When?
Surya Sebastian Says: Look I’ve to go now. Catch you after my telecon gets over.
Naveena A C Says: No da. I’m not coming anywhere.
Naveena A C Says: Hey wait. I’ll tell you and then you carry on with your work.

By this time Surya locked the system and he is heading towards the meeting room. The telecon ended for more than 1 hour and 45 minutes. This is not as Surya expected. So they decided to go for a break after the telecon is over. By the time Surya back to his seat, it is almost more than 2 hours he left Veena with that message. He is not sure about Veena to be free now as she is busy in the mornings.
He unlocked the system and he could see a messenger message window popped up in the screen. It is from Veena. She replied to him after he locked the machine before going to telecon.

After seeing the screen, Surya almost freezes to death. He can’t see or hear anything for some minutes after seeing the screen.

Naveena A C Says: You can’t wait even one more minute for hearing this?
Naveena A C Says: Any way I’ll tell you the message.
Naveena A C Says: I really don’t know when my parents started to looking for my alliance.
Naveena A C Says: But yesterday after we spoke to each other, my parents called me.
Naveena A C Says: They said that one of the alliances is matching me perfectly.
Naveena A C Says: They wanted to meet me this week end (Saturday) as he is in Chennai only
this week end.
Naveena A C Says: I don’t know what to say to my parents.
Naveena A C Says: My parents are coming to Chennai tomorrow night.
Naveena A C Says: Hopefully they made me to meet the guy on this Saturday.
Naveena A C Says: Reply me when you are back from the telecon.
Naveena A C Says: R U there?
Naveena A C Says: Didn’t you back from telecon?
Naveena A C Says: R U in your seat
Naveena A C Says: Why are not replying me?

Surya doesn’t know what to do next. He is not replying to her messages yet. He wanted to tell his love now itself but he is not doing anything. His mind asks him a lot of questions and he simply sits in the office chair like a corpse.
After some time, Surya’s monitor flashed with a message from Veena.

Naveena A C Says: Is your telecon taking this much time
Naveena A C Says: I tried to call you many times but your mobile is switched off.
Naveena A C Says: I know you usually switch off your mobile in telecon.
Naveena A C Says: Please respond something da

He was about to type something but he closed the message box and as usual did nothing. He looked at his mobile phone and decided not to switch it on.

After lunch she buzzed him with messages like
Naveena A C Says: Y R U not replying back?
Naveena A C Says: Turn on your mobile phone.

For two or three times she messaged him and that too stopped. Even now, he is sitting like a rock in his chair with no emotions and with no senses.
In the evening, she sent a note (mail) to Surya.
“I don’t know why you are not replying to my messages and even switch on the mobile phone. I think you may be angry on me for not telling you about this in advance. I’ll promise you that, yesterday only I came to know about the alliance matter. Once my parents told about my marriage proposals and I didn’t took it seriously as they tell it sarcastically. I thought this will end up in a situation like this. I just want to convey this message to you. I know you may not believe me but this is the truth. Please call me as soon as possible and of course before anything happens”.

After reading this mail, he decided for a long time and then quickly shut down his system. He walked outside the office and he is moving fast.
The rest of the day and the whole Thursday ended up in a vain for both the Surya and for Naveena.
The both are waiting for a new dawn on Friday and Surya doesn’t switch on his mobile phone till now.

Friday begins with a new hope of life. Unlike other day in Chennai, it’s very cold and cloudy in the morning. There is some smoke in the roads not able to distinguish between the real fog and the smoke from the automobiles.
Veena is standing in the bus stop waiting for her office bus. The bus stop and the entire road are deserted today. Veena is not able to see anything on the road. And there are no other people are walking down the street.

A strange shadow appears on the opposite side of the road and it seems that it is approaching towards Veena. When the shadow approaches near her, the smoke slowly started to move around so that she could see a figure of man crossing the road.
When the man approaches towards her, it is none other than our Surya. To her surprise, he is not neatly dressed as one imagines her super hero comes out of the cloud in their dreams. He is wearing his night pants and a T-Shirt which is not washed for almost a week.
His hair is not properly combed and there are clear marks of the oil glands in his face.

She looked confused as, if he comes to see her from Bangalore, why he didn’t even washed his face? He is not changed his clothes too. Is he coming to see me directly after woke up from the bed. She pinched herself as to check if she is dreaming or not.
But one thing is for sure, in the dirty and the uncombed hair itself, Surya looked smart.

“Surya! Is it really you?” she started before he finished crossing the road.
“Yes Veena. I can explain this all in detail. Could you please do a favor for me now?” he replied.
“Yeah. Tell me da. But where did you gone yesterday?” she asked.
“I can explain all those stuff in detail. But what I want you to do now is, Just come with me and I’m going to take you to a place and I’ll explain there” he said calmly.
“But, where to? I’ve to catch the bus da. Don’t you remember?” she asked in confusion.
“Not far. If it’s going to be late for you I’ll drop you in the office. Don’t worry”, he assured.
“It means that you are going to stay this weekend. Interesting. How are we going and where?” she keep on asking questions.
Surya turned and headed towards the corner of the road and opened Vishal’s car. She is surprised to see the car and about the whole scene.
“Now don’t ask anything and make yourself comfortable. I can assure that I’ll tell you once we reached the place” he started the car and drive to the destination.

In the middle of the journey, Veena asked two or three times about the destination but Surya didn’t answer any time. All he said is to wait. At one point she lost her temper and control and asked him “We didn’t even asked each other how we are and how are we doing. We are seeing each other after almost a year after. Didn’t we even talk about this also?”
“We can have a leisure talk about this once I’m done in the place”, he said firmly.
He drove for almost half an hour and at last he parked the car in a narrow street.
She turned around and saw that they are in the Sathyam Cinema Complex.

“You took me all the way to Sathyam. What are we going to do in this theater now? There is no show in the morning at this time. If it had also I’ve to go to the office. Just tell me what you are doing now” she yelled.
“Please relax. Just five minutes and we will return. Mean while please stay there and I’ll be back in a minute” he pointed the front space of the hall for Veena to wait.
He rushed to the back side and he returned after two minutes with his hands folded back.

With his hands back, he approached Veena and said “See this looks crazy and confusing to you. But I have to use this moment now else I can’t do this to my entire life I guess. Please listen to what I say now.
The moment I saw you on the first day, I started admiring your simplicity. Unlike other girls, you are the most and only natural girl that I’ve met so far. But I don’t feel it’s a love because we don’t know each other. I felt a good companionship when we talked to each other. That feeling may be got in any other friendships. But the moment I saw you getting married to another guy, I feel like I missed you terribly. Now I feel like I can’t live without you. Psychologically this may be a parasitic sentence that I can’t live without you, but I’m happy to be a parasite if you are my host.
I consider you as that you are born especially for me. We are made for each other. We didn’t know each other even though both of our best friends are lovers. The reason being, we can’t talk easily to others. In this also we are having the same characters, reserved type and not outspoken.
It is you who made my days happier and brighter.
It is you who made my working environment comfortable.
It is you who made my night colorful.
It is you who made my life meaningful. – And finally
It is you who made me to speak like this openly despite of my nature
I’ve changed a lot. I need this relationship to be life long .I doesn’t know how I can express my love further .I admit that I love you, truly, heartily and boldly
.”

He made his proposal to a girl for the first time in his life. He unfolded his hands and it has three different roses, a red, white and a yellow rose.
I can’t simply force you to make a decision. All I can tell you is that I believed I’m in love with you only when you tell me about your marriage. Even though it’s an instantaneous decision, I know it’s my strong decision. You can take any one of the roses for your choice.
Ø A red rose for my acceptance of my love
Ø A White for being a friend with me always
Ø A Yellow for breaking the relationship
Please pick a choice of yours and make a decision for your life as well as mine”
.
He breathed a deep sign for his relief.

She didn’t speak for a while. The both stood in silence for some time. Surya is holding the three roses and waiting for an answer from Veena.
After some time, she breaks the ice.
“I hope you already know the answer Surya. No girl will like to accept the white or yellow rose dumbo” she said smilingly.
Happily he dropped the white and yellow roses and he stretched his hands with the red rose towards Veena as if to take the rose from her.
“I didn’t finish my dear. But I’d like the white roses too. You choose a wrong color for friendship” she said sarcastically.
He thought for a moment and turned other side. She was wondering as what he is doing on the other side. She even thought that, he cut his hands and turned the white roses to red with his own blood, like the one in movies. She came near him to see what Surya is doing.
When she approaches he turned and he had only red rose. The white rose is not there. She raised her eyebrow asking where the white rose is.
“Now the white rose, friendship is within me. As you guessed, I ate the whole rose. I know this is cheating. Now will you accept my offer of love, my sweet heart?” he gave the rose to Veena.
“Sure honey. I would love to” she blushed and received the roses.

On the return journey, he said, this time I won’t let you to shed any more tears like I did it when we were on the bike”.
“You are really a numb. I was actually crying that day for missing you. I love you on that day itself. But it was you who didn’t understand. You looked in the rear view mirror and slowed down the bike. I can’t control my laugh when you did that on the day. But I want you to realize the love on your own. At last you find the D’day” she replied.
“What happened if I had not made it today?” he asked.
“I would have made it tonight” she said and both laughed together.
Today is actually the real GOOD FRIDAY in my life, he said to Veena.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sunil said...

machi un kadhaya padikkarappo background music ellaam kekkudhu da :)

10:58 AM  
Blogger Ramkumar said...

rosappu chinna rosappu....

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home