Monday, July 10, 2006

Tied up with TIE

Sometimes, I used to mock on some concerns that have the TIE as one of its dress codes. In my view, there need not be any dress code for a corporate concern. I’m really bugged up by the dress codes both in my previous and my present firms.
In my present firm, it is mandatory to wear tie in the first two days of the week. I hate wearing the tie especially in the hot summer climate of Chennai. When I joined, the tie rule is relaxed for the summer season. But it again comes into picture, the third week of my joining as the winter was supposed to begin. The season here in Chennai is as hot as in summer. So imagine the people who are wearing the tie for the whole day. Thank god, it’s not for the whole week.
When I first heard the news that people should wear the tie from next week, I remember one Vivek dialogue; “dharma kartha, dharma kartha, indha oru rule-a mattum relax pannikonga dharma kartha”. I don’t know how to put the knot in the tie. Thanks to my room mates. They helped me to learn how to put a double knot in a tie and all. They really taught me with real patience. They teach me the “Samosa” kind of knot will look better.
The D’day has come. I don’t want to experiment what I learnt in the room. So I asked one of my room mates to put a knot and without disturbing the samosa, I took the tie in my bag.
When I reached the office campus, I wear the tie that my room mate had prepared. “Cha! Eppadi irrundha nan ippadi aaiten!!” I said to myself. I’m very bad in choosing the color combination of the tie. So I’m very much frustrated that I may be the odd man out. But after seeing the people in the campus, I felt very happy that I’m far better than the other people.
Till the end of the first day I had a feeling that I was the only one who will preserve the knot and then wear it in the campus. But one person in my bus explained his experience of wearing the tie. He preserved his knot from his training period. “I’m preserving this tie from my training period and I didn’t wash the tie for the past six months”, he said.
“Crazy Beggers” is what I felt that day. Also my colleague from my previous concern is also joining in my present company. So he asked whether it is mandatory to wear the tie. I said yes and if not you will be charged with a fine. Then I had a doubt. I asked him”Do you know how to wear a tie?” He replied” I didn’t even know how to select a tie”. Thank god. He is having a 7+ years of experience and he is now joining as a project manager. Imagine a PM without knowing how to wear a tie? I can’t control my laugh that day. “Ayyo Ayyo! Innum siru pulla thanamave irruka da” I said to myself.
But wearing a tie is very horrible in the office premises itself. When I wash my face or hands the tie always drops in the wash basin. That too, after having some food in the Food Court, my hands always goes to tie rather than to the tissue papers or hand kerchief. I’m thinking about Vivek saying” En kitta attached napkin irruku pa”.
But my friend showed a very good technique. He used to wear the tie without buttoning the neck button. Interesting is what I thought. I looks like exactly wearing a normal tie but it is not so. He folds the short collar just like buttoning the neck button, but without buttoning it, he adjusts the tie to cover and hold the neck button. So when I’m feeling sultry in Food court or in some other place I’m also doing the same thing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home