Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Passwords

My head is spinning now a days with respect to the password remembrance. Mostly everyone have a number of personal e-mail ID with as many accounts as they wish. I’m very bad in remembering the passwords. So I changed all of my e-mail accounts to have a same password. And for other accounts like moblie online services, personal folders, etc will have the same password.
Now when I joined the company, it started with the log on password, then the client citrix password, client domain password, client time sheet password, my project development password, testing environment (UAT) password, and at last the production password. How can a human remember all the passwords? Even if I maintain a separate file to save all the passwords, the list in my present scenario will goes on increasing. Even if I tried my level best to maintain some of the passwords to be unique, it will never let me to continue after one month. Thought it’s good to have a security policy to change the password for each and every month, it has also some guidelines to reset the password. Oh my god! I’m terribly running out of password guesses now a days. The internet banking of the bank accounts and also the ATM PIN numbers are also an additional headache.
I don’t know a solution for this problem, but if some one finds a better way to optimize this problem then it will be useful. The only solution that I currently suggest is that there is no need for a password change as a security policy so that we can have the same password for all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

we are the best french claases in hyderabad
french classes in hyderabad

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home